May is the special time of year when we celebrate the most important person in our lives, the person who gave us life, love and the entire world. What she has done for us is hard to top. So, how to best say we love her? What would be the perfect way to express our gratitude? How to show care to the best caregiver of the world?
We ask these questions every year, and there are some traditional ways that we choose – recent trends* show that:
- Almost all of us buy a greeting card – 78%
- Fewer, but still the majority, buy flowers – 67%
- Half of us organize a special outing – 55%
- Many prefer to give her a freedom to choose a gift with a gift card – 43%
- Third of us selects clothing items or jewelry – 35% each
They are all precious and special gifts. After all, we want the best for our Mom! However, what she will remember most would probably be something that is not material at all – how we made her feel. This may not be new but it is always magical.
So, go ahead and – along with the card and the flowers – give your Mom a reason to laugh, spend time reminiscing together, relive the moments of your family’s life, make more memories!
“I will have my Mom over and grill up a storm,” says North Oakland Caregivers’ President, Lance Baylis. “I want her to have a great day surrounded by the family.”
*Source: National Retail Federation, 2016