Happy Mother’s Day to all who are mothers and mothers-to-be, to sisters, aunts and grandmothers who gave motherly care to those who were in need of it. Thank you for your nurturing love and support. Thank you for believing in us. We ended up good people because of you. Thank you!
What defines the “right” provider might be slightly different for different families. Businesses are not created equal, even in the same sphere of home care services, every business tries to stand for something they do best. We at North Oakland Caregivers have our own set of strengths. They are not generated by our staff, they are called out by our clients. They are what our clients noticed and valued when they were looking for the “right” home care for their families.
So, how did they search, and what made them choose us? We asked that question to our customers in order to understand what stood out for them in our business, what they found most persuasive in our profile. And their answers were consistent, they kept giving us three key reasons:
- Our experience of 25+ years makes us experts
- 25+ years of home care experience means we have withstood the test of time and are not going anywhere
- It also means we have gathered great expertise in the field of home care and in understanding of what seniors and their families look for
- We are a local business connected to our community
- We grew up in this area, know and understand the local community and use our knowledge for the benefit of our clients. For example, if bad weather is coming, we know and plan ahead.
- We offer a face-to-face communication. In the age of virtual offices,phone calls might be perceived as too generic and anonymous. It’s reassuring for our clients that they can come to our office and discuss their situation in a much more personable environment.
- We have amazing 5-star reviews
- We are proud to have 5-star reviews in Google, Facebook and our website. We consider this our best recommendation as the words of appreciation are coming directly from our clients’ experience.
- These outstanding reviews are testimony to our human touch that comes from our hearts, not our duties. We know all our clients personally, we call them to just ask how they are doing, we stop by when we can. We like it when it feels like a family.
These three reasons are our strengths we are proud of. Something that our clients experienced and appreciated to trust us with their families. It’s a reputation we’ve built, and now are working hard to maintain and improve. Will you trust us with your loved ones? We hope to be the “right” home care provider for you, too.
Many families are entering the New Year with resolutions on their mind. It just seems easier to create a new habit, make a big change for the better, reinvent yourself at the beginning of a new year! So many people will use January as an inspiration to start something significant, something that will make a lasting impact on their lives. But this may also be the right time to make a lasting impact on the life of your elderly family member. We mean making a step towards planning for the future of your older mom or dad who may need assistance in their activities of daily living.
The idea may feel daunting at the beginning, like many changes do. We know some seniors may not be immediately open to the idea of having a caregiver coming into their home to help them. Great long-term benefits can be overshadowed by a perceived fear of loss of independence or a temporary anxiety of having a “stranger” in the house. Seniors can respond with resistance in many different ways. Frankly, family members might have their own concerns about how this new arrangement might work.
We understand. Every change requires an adjustment. Our experience has shown that slowly easing into this new “caregiver” scenario is often all it takes to relieve the concerns of starting a home care routine for your senior loved one. Maybe having a caregiver come into their home once or twice a week just to give them an idea of what it’s all about might help alleviate their anxiety. Maybe one 8 hour day a week will do the trick. Maybe 4 hours a day, 2-3 days a week will help set a comfort level. The key is starting small and adjusting to what the future needs will be.
Having a senior home care provider that is flexible enough to allow time to find the perfect routine for your senior loved one is a great solution. North Oakland Caregivers at Clarkston, MI, has been doing it for 26 years. We are waiting for your call. Are you ready to make the first step towards the New Year’s resolution that will make a lasting impact on the future of your family?
We are happy to announce the most recent improvement to the building where North Oakland Caregivers is located – a new, state-of-the-art, LED business sign that was recently installed. This sign is clearly visible for drivers, illuminates in the dark, and helps guide our clients to the office building which is conveniently located just off I-75 in Clarkston, MI. We are proud of this newest addition, as it adds even more curb appeal to the attractive “Loman Building” we call home.
The Loman Building has been home to North Oakland Caregivers for the company’s entire history of 25 years! We like to think this further represents our reputation of stability, experience and trust that we are known for in providing the highest quality senior home care services to our clients and their families.
It’s not flesh and blood but the HEART which makes us FATHERS and SONS. – Johann Schiller
Happy Father’s day to all the fathers. We look up to them when little, we find our paths in life guided by their support when we grow up. Then, in a circle of life we give them our care and support when they grow old. Happy Father’s Day to that special person in our lives, young or mature, strong or frail, someone who is caring for us or needs us to care for him. We are grateful for your love, strength, wisdom and patience.